COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES WORLD TOUR
Saturday, June 4 & Sunday, June 5 at MetLife Stadium
Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster.com
SUSTAINABILITY PLAN ‘A WORK IN PROGRESS’
SHOW POWERED BY 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY PLEDGE TO CUT TOUR EMISSIONS BY 50% ONE TREE PLANTED FOR EVERY TICKET SOLD
In 2019, Coldplay committed to making their future tours as environmentally beneficial as possible, and today’s announcement is accompanied by a comprehensive set of sustainability initiatives and environmental commitments.
Full details can be seen at coldplay.com/sustainability, including commitments to:
- cut direct emissions by 50% compared to the band’s most recent tour (2016-17).
- power the show entirely by renewable, super-low emission energy – with solar installations at every venue, waste cooking oil, a kinetic stadium floor and kinetic bikes powered by fans. This power will be stored in the first ever mobile, rechargeable show battery (made from recyclable BMW i3 batteries).
- draw down significantly more CO2 than the tour produces with a range of nature- and technology-based solutions, including planting one tree for every ticket sold.
- provide each venue with a sustainability rider requesting best environmental practices.
- encourage fans to use low carbon transport to and from shows via the official tour app built by SAP, rewarding those who do with a discount at venues.
- ensure all merchandise is sustainably and ethically sourced.
- -offer free drinking water and strive to eliminate plastic bottles at every venue.
- put 10% of all earnings into a fund for environmental and socially-conscious causes, including ClientEarth, One Tree Planted and The Ocean Cleanup.
- establish a partnership with climate change experts at Imperial College London's Grantham Institute - Climate Change and the Environment to quantify the impact of the tour – both positively and negatively – on the environment
Credit: James Marcus Haney
“Playing live and finding connection with people is ultimately why we exist as a band. We’ve been planning this tour for years, and we’re super excited to play songs from across our whole time together.
At the same time, we’re very conscious that the planet is facing a climate crisis. So we’ve spent the last two years consulting with environmental experts to make this tour as sustainable as possible, and, just as importantly, to harness the tour’s potential to push things forward. We won’t get everything right, but we’re committed to doing everything we can and sharing what we learn. It’s a work in progress and we’re really grateful for the help we’ve had so far.
If you'd like to come to a show and sing with us, we’re so excited to see you.”
COVID-19 Entry Protocols
Face masks are not required for entry. However, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, are strongly recommended to wear masks in indoor public spaces including restrooms, clubs, suites, and elevators in accordance with the NJ Department of Health recommendations. Guests are not required to show a negative COVID-19 test or proof of vaccination to enter the Stadium. Check back for updates as these guidelines are subject to change. Visit the Stadium Safe page for more information.
Last Updated: March 7, 2022