CELEBRITIES, ATHLETES AND NEWS PERSONALITIES CONFIRMED FOR NEXT WEEKEND’S NBC 4 NEW YORK & TELEMUNDO 47 HEALTH & FITNESS EXPO, PRESENTED BY QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
Free, health and fitness-focused event scheduled Saturday, May 6 and
Sunday, May 7 from 10 AM to 4 PM at MetLife Stadium
Special guests include New York Giants Wide Receiver Brandon Marshall, Olympic Gold Medalist Laurie Hernandez, Real Housewives of New Jersey’s Teresa Giudice and
Telemundo Network Al Rojo Vivo’s Sofia Lachapelle
Full schedule of events and activities available by visiting
NBCNewYork.com/Expo or Telemundo47.com/Expo
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ – April 27, 2017 – Celebrities from the world of sports, news and reality programming are among the latest additions to next weekend’s FREE family-friendly Health & Fitness Expo, presented by Quest Diagnostics™. One of the Tri-State’s largest and open-to-the-public health events, the Health & Fitness Expo will be held at MetLife Stadium on Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day.
Hosted by NBC 4 New York’s lead sportscaster Bruce Beck, Telemundo 47’s lead sportscaster Veronica Contreras, New York Giants Linebacker Mark Herzlich and New York Giants Offensive Lineman Justin Pugh, the Expo is complete with large-scale fitness activities, celebrity cooking demos and free health screenings.
In addition to numerous anchors, reporters and personalities appearing from NBC 4 New York and Telemundo 47, confirmed special guests include:
- New York Giants Wide Receiver Brandon Marshall
- Olympic Gold Medalist Laurie Hernandez (Gymnastics)
- Olympic Silver Medalist Daryl Homer (Saber Fencer)
- Olympic Silver Medalist Heather Bown (Volleyball)
- Olympic Bronze Medalist Erin Hamlin (Luge)
- Olympians John Daly (Skeleton) and Tyler Carter (Alpine Skiing)
- Real Housewives of New Jersey’s Teresa Giudice
- Telemundo Network Al Rojo Vivo’s Sofia Lachapelle
- Musicians Arafa y JSierra and Duey Meza
A full schedule of health, fitness and other fun weekend activities, including celebrity appearance schedules can be accessed by visiting NBCNewYork.com/Expo or Telemundo47.com/Expo.
“The Health & Fitness Expo is one of WNBC’s most popular and well-attended community events. It is free, open to the public and filled with a number of family-friendly activities and unique experiences you cannot find anywhere else in the Tri-State area,” said Eric Lerner, President and General Manager of NBC 4 New York.
New for 2017, visitors can obtain their “Passport to Health presented by Quest Diagnostics” by completing a series of health-themed activities such as fitness tests and health screenings across MetLife Stadium.
“Providing Tri-State families with access to important health-related information and resources is a priority for Telemundo 47. This is why we have developed a new ‘Passport to Health’ for Expo visitors, offering access to important health information, free wellness screenings and healthy cooking demonstrations,” said Cristina Schwarz, President and General Manager of Telemundo 47
Visitors will again the opportunity to walk on the actual field where their favorite players play, and will even have access to exclusive locker room tours. While on the field, visitors can access two Zipline towers and participate in a number of activities designed with their health in mind, including running the 40-yard dash and joining the “Giants Experience” presented by Verizon where fans can participate in football-themed activities on the MetLife Stadium field.
Visitors also enjoy healthy cooking demonstrations throughout the weekend and meet with on-site experts to discuss integrative approaches to disease prevention, healthy dieting and nutritional information. The mega-yoga activity, ”Zen in the Zone,” presented by HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness Powered by the Giants, also invites a crowd of 1,000 yogis to practice yoga on the MetLife Stadium field for the fourth consecutive year.
Rain or shine, visitors can also participate in the dual NBC 4 New York / Telemundo 47 New York Interactive Weather Center. Here, visitors can participate in a simulated weather broadcast, meet meteorologists and weather anchors from both stations and tour two new weather vehicles: StormRanger 4 / CazaTormentas 47 a first-of-its-kind mobile Doppler weather radar truck and StormChaser 4 / BuscaTormentas 47, a military-spec sports utility vehicle which can travel directly into the storm.
- USA Football will demonstrate their Heads Up Football program, teaching safe tackling techniques and proper equipment fitting on MetLife Stadium’s Kid’s Field, located on the Plaza. Soccer fans will also be able to participate in a clinic lead by FA Euro.
- Over 30 local non-profits will be on-site to provide information and resources to the Tri-State community. This includes the American Diabetes Association, American Red Cross, Mental Health Association of New Jersey, Hope for the Warriors and many others.
- In conjunction with Telemundo 47’s community initiative "El Poder en Ti", the Hispanic Federation will be on site to offer families resources on citizenship, immigration, and voter registration. This includes referrals to reliable and low-cost community resources available for Tri-State families.
- In conjunction with Clear the Shelters, NBC 4 New York and Telemundo 47’s popular, Tri-State pet adoption initiative, the Bergen County Animal Shelter, Montclair Township Animal Shelter will appear at MetLife Stadium for both days of the Expo. These shelters will offer Expo visitors a unique opportunity to meet a homeless pet in need of a forever home.
FREE parking will be available for the two-day event. The Port Authority bus service will also provide transportation to and from the event. The 351 Bus Service will run hourly on Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The buses will leave from New York’s Port Authority Bus terminal (Gates 305 and 306) to MetLife Stadium Lot K.
The NBC 4 New York & Telemundo 47 Health & Fitness Expo at MetLife Stadium is produced and managed by Network Events, an event development, marketing, sales and management firm specializing in the production of large-scale consumer events for media partners and professional sports teams. For more information on Network Events, Inc., please visit www.networkevents.tv.
For more information on the NBC 4 New York & Telemundo 47 Health & Fitness Expo presented by Quest Diagnostics please visit NBCNewYork.com/Expo or Telemundo47.com/Expo.
Avoid the lines! Print out and complete your waiver in advance and bring it with you to the Expo! One waiver per adult and up to six (6) minors. All attendees must sign a waiver.