Admission and parking are free!
This event is RAIN or SHINE!
All guests attending the 4th Annual NBC 4 New York & Telemundo 47 Health & Fitness Expo need to fill out a waiver upon entering MetLife Stadium.
But you can print out and fill out your waiver ahead of time and join in the free, family-friendly fun right away!
Click here to download your waiver now.
Aqui para la versión español
- Please print, sign and bring this waiver to the Expo to speed entry.
- Every adult needs a separate waiver
- Parents or guardians can sign for up to four minors
COACH USA will operate the 351 bus line from the Port Authority Bus Terminal to MetLife Stadium from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Round trip tickets can be purchased at the Port Authority for $6 each way.
NJ TRANSIT will run the 353 bus line from Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium between 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. NJ TRANSIT customers holding roundtrip rail tickets to the Meadowlands can board and use the 353 line bus by presenting their tickets. Meadowlands tickets can be purchased at New York Penn Station, Secaucus Junction, Newark Penn Station and other NJ TRANSIT rail stations.
PHIL SIMMS, VICTOR CRUZ, MARK HERZLICH AND OLYMPIANS JOIN NBC 4 NEW YORK & TELEMUNDO 47’S FOURTH ANNUAL HEALTH & FITNESS EXPO
Super Bowl XLVI Champion Steve Weatherford returns, named Expo Co-Host
Event Co-Host Rashad Jennings confirmed to lead Sunday’s popular “Zen in the Zone” Mega Yoga event on the MetLife Stadium field
Free, family-themed, expanded event to include Top Chef and Biggest Loser personalities
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ – May 10, 2016 – Super Bowl champions Phil Simms, Victor Cruz, Gold Medal-winning Olympians Steve Mesler and Taylor Ritzel, contestants from the popular television series Top Chef and Biggest Loser and an expanded lineup of NBC 4 New York / WNBC and Telemundo 47 / WNJU television anchors and reporters have been added to the official lineup for the fourth annual FREE, family-friendly Health & Fitness Expo, presented by Quest Diagnostics™, taking place this weekend.
One of the largest, open-to-the-public health events within the Tri-State region, the Health & Fitness Expo will be held at MetLife Stadium on Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM each day, rain or shine. More than 40,000 visitors participated in last year’s Expo.
Additionally, Super Bowl XLVI champion and fan-favorite Steve Weatherford has been named Co-Host for the popular, free and family-friendly event. Weatherford joins NBC 4’s lead sportscaster Bruce Beck, Telemundo 47 lead sportscaster Veronica Contreras and New York Giants’ running back Rashad Jennings in this official role.
An official schedule of Expo events and activities can be found at NBCNewYork.com, which will continue to be updated throughout the week. Gates open to MetLife Stadium at 9:40 AM on Saturday, May 14, with opening ceremonies scheduled for 9:45 AM. Beck, Contreras and Weatherford will be joined by Giants’ Victor Cruz and Mark Herzlich for the opening ceremonies, which will include a ribbon-cutting.
For the fourth straight year, Quest Diagnostics, a proud partner in health of the New York Giants, will serve as the presenting partner of the NBC 4 Health & Fitness Expo at MetLife Stadium. Quest will again be on-site offering attendees 18 years and older complimentary health screenings at the Quest Diagnostics Health Center inside the Commissioners Club on the 2nd floor of the stadium. With their highly trained medical staff, Quest will be offering testing for cholesterol, vitamin D, kidney function and blood sugar level. Each attendee who participates in the free testing will receive their test results directly through the MyQuest mobile health app and online health management system.
Visitors to the Health & Fitness Expo will also have the opportunity to walk on the actual field where their favorite players play, and will have access to exclusive locker room tours. An additional Zipline tower has also been added to this year’s free event, complementing popular, returning activities, including a rock climbing wall and the “Giants Experience” presented by Verizon, where fans can participate in football-themed activities on the MetLife Stadium field.
“This is a free, fun-filled event that the entire family can enjoy,” said Eric Lerner, President and General Manager of NBC 4 New York. “At no other event can you kick a field goal on the MetLife Stadium field, visit the Giants’ locker room, meet your favorite television personalities and learn more about healthy living.”
“Health and fitness are important to our viewers – and to the communities we proudly serve,” said Cristina Schwarz, President and General Manager, Telemundo 47 New York. “The Expo is not only unique, fun-filled and free to attend, but it provides visitors with the tools they need to live a healthier, more active lifestyle.”
Highlights from this weekend’s Expo include:
* Event Co-Host Rashad Jennings will lead Sunday’s popular “Zen in the Zone” Mega-Yoga event on the field at MetLife Stadium. The special event kicks off at 9 AM on Sunday, May 15, prior to the official start of the day’s activities at 10 AM. Fans are encouraged to bring their yoga mats, with the first 500 participants receiving a free gift.
* Super Bowl XXI MVP Phil Simms will lead an important discussion on healthy living habits on and off the field at 11 AM on Saturday, May 14. Joined by representatives of Hackensack University Medical Center, the legendary quarterback’s seminar “GamePlan for Health Chalk Talk with Phil Simms” will offer practical health and fitness tips for visitors young and old.
* Super Bowl XLVI champion Weatherford will lead a discussion on health and fitness starting at 12:30 PM on Saturday, May 14. A recognized health and fitness expert and accomplished bodybuilder, Weatherford will share his secrets of success with attendees.
* Several Olympians will also appear to discuss their experiences on the world stage Saturday, May 14 and Sunday May 15. Bruce Beck will interview the athletes on the Stage of Champions during daily sessions, where fans will hear from – and have the opportunity to meet:
* Steve Mesler - Gold Medalist, Bobsled (2010)
* Taylor Ritzel - Gold Medalist, Rowing (2012)
* Heather Bown - Silver Medal, Volleyball (2008)
* Erin Hamlin - Bronze Medal, Luge (2014)
* Tyler Carter – Para Olympian, Giant Slalom (2014)
* Participants from The Biggest Loser will share their experiences with visitors, and discuss their success in achieving a healthy lifestyle. Season 7 participant Nicole Brewer-Gurganious will join the discussion on Saturday, May 14 at 12 PM. Season 11 participant Olivia Ward will appear Sunday, May 15 at 1 PM.
* Participants from Top Chef will also conduct healthy cooking demonstrations and share recipes with Expo attendees. Season 5 participant Ariane Duarte will appear at the Healthy Cooking 4 You Stage on Saturday, May 14 at 1 PM. Season 13 participant Kwame Onwuachi will appear at the Healthy Cooking 4 You Stage on Sunday, May 15 at 12 PM.
NBC 4 New York / WNBC personalities will join attendees throughout the Expo, including Chris Cimino, Raphael Miranda, Lynda Baquero, Bruce Beck, Darlene Rodriguez, Pei-Sze Cheng, Pat Battle, Sibila Vargas, Brian Thompson, Greg Cergol, George Oliphant, Produce Pete and more. Telemundo 47 / WNJU personalities also will join attendees throughout the Expo, including Jorge Ramos, Yaima Crespo, Veronica Contreras, Pedro Montoro, Andrea Romero, Allan Villafaña, Odalys Molina, Victoria Sosa, and many others.
Past and present New York Giants participating in the Expo will include Simms, Cruz, Jennings, Weatherford, and Herzlich, as well as Jasper Brinkley, Larry Donnell, Brad Wing, J.T. Thomas, Dwayne Harris, Zak DeOssie, Jonathan Casillas and Shane Vereen.
Separate stages will include the FitnessAge Challenge, a program that reveals your “fitness age” and the Family Fun Zone, featuring workouts designed for kids and their families. Visitors can participate in several additional sports at the Expo’s Champions Village, including volleyball, boxing, rowing and gymnastics.
Soccer fans will enjoy demonstrations by the New York Red Bulls at the Champions Village, with FA Euro also hosting a clinic on MetLife Stadium’s Kid’s Field, located on the Plaza.
Visitors can also participate in the dual NBC 4 New York / Telemundo 47 New York Interactive Weather Station and meet meteorologists and weather anchors from both stations. Additionally, Telemundo 47 is partnering with the Hispanic Federation to offer on-site voter registration, conducted in conjunction with the network’s #YoDecido voter registration initiative.
FREE parking will be available for the two-day event. The Port Authority bus service will also provide transportation to and from the event. The 351 Bus Service will run hourly on Saturday, May 14 and Sunday, May 15 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The buses will leave from New York’s Port Authority Bus terminal (Gates 305 and 306) to MetLife Stadium Lot K.