Guest Code of Conduct
The team at MetLife Stadium is committed to providing a memorable event day experience for all guests. With that goal in mind, we have developed a Guest Code of Conduct which all guests are expected to follow. MetLife Stadium, the Giants, Jets and our promoters ask the guests to assist in creating an enjoyable and safe environment by:
- Respecting each other as well as our team members
- Consuming alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner
- Refraining from fighting, throwing items or using foul/abusive language or gestures
- Not displaying indecent messages on clothing
- Not creating a disruption to the progress of the event by their actions
- Showing their ticket when requested and only sitting in their ticketed seat
- Following instructions from team members regarding stadium operations and emergency procedures
- Allowing each other to be free to support their team or entertainer while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players
- Keeping MetLife Stadium SMOKE-FREE
Stadium team members have been trained and instructed to take necessary actions to ensure the above expectations are enforced. Guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest Guest or Safety Services Representative, any Guest Services Booth or through our text messaging service. Guests should address the text message to 78247 and type the word MLS followed by the request and location.
Guests who choose not to follow the Guest Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection, possible arrest and loss of PSL. Take pride in your stadium and enjoy the event!
MetLife Stadium Company strives to present a safe, pleasant and family-friendly environment for every guest who visits the Stadium. To achieve this goal, the following policies have been established to promote the responsible use of alcohol.
- Any guest who appears to be 40 years of age or younger will be required to provide appropriate proof of age with a one the following forms of identification:
- A valid driver license or non-driver identification card issued by a U.S. state or territory
- A valid passport
- A valid military identification card
- Guests may not possess or purchase more than two (2) alcoholic beverages at a time.
- All concession stands and portable units will stop serving alcohol at the beginning of the third quarter. For non-football events, alcohol cut-off times will be determined by MetLife Stadium Company management.
- Alcohol of any kind may not be brought into or removed from the Stadium
- Any guest who is determined to be deliberately concealing alcohol while entering the Stadium will not be permitted to enter the building
- A person exhibiting visible signs of impairment will not be permitted into the Stadium
- Any guest who exhibits behavior that distracts, inconveniences or otherwise interferes with another guest's enjoyment of the event may be removed from the Stadium
- Alcohol will not be served to any underage person or visibly impaired guest
- Alcohol beverage sales may be curtailed or prohibited at the discretion of management
Guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into MetLife Stadium:
- Clear bags that are 12” x 6” x 12” or less in size (1 bag per person)
- Small purses/handbags (clutch-type bags) that are 4.5” x 6.5” or less in size (1 per person)
- Food of any kind that is contained in a clear plastic bag
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 oz. or less in size (caps will be removed by Safety Services team members)
- Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6" or less in length not contained in a case
- Hand-carried jackets, blankets, or other items, which will be patted down or searched
All bags and other permissible items will be subject to multiple screenings prior to entering MetLife Stadium.
The following items are not permitted to be carried into MetLife Stadium:
- Any type of non-clear bag exceeding 4.5” x 6.5” in size including purses/handbags, camera or binocular cases, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, and briefcases/computer bags
- Seat cushions of any size except those for medical needs
- Glass bottles, cans, coolers of any kind, thermoses or ice chests
- Alcohol of any kind
- Banners, signs or flags of any size
- Umbrellas, strollers, laser pointers, and balls of any kind including full-sized footballs
- Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6"
- Weapons, any item that may be used as a projectile or one that is deemed dangerous by Stadium management
- Any animal with the exception of a service animal
- Any other item deemed inappropriate by Stadium management
To ensure the highest level of safety and security, all guests will be subject to a courteous screening by Safety Services team members prior to entering the Stadium. All vehicles are subject to inspection prior to entering the MetLife Sports Complex and all bags will be inspected prior to entering the Stadium. Ticket holders who refuse to allow their vehicles to be inspected will be denied entry into the Sports Complex and those who refuse to be screened or have their bags inspected will be denied entry into the Stadium. By having a ticket, the ticket holder consents to such inspections and waives any and all related claims against MetLife Stadium, the New York Jets and the New York Football Giants. Alcohol, weapons, or any items that the Safety Services team deems dangerous will be confiscated. Illegal items will be turned over to the New Jersey State Police.
Parking Lot Guidelines
Parking lot guidelines have been established in order to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests. All vehicles and bags that enter MetLife Sports Complex property and MetLife Stadium may be subject to a visual search.
- 1 VEHICLE = 1 SPACE: All tailgating items must be set up in front of or behind one vehicle. Roadways and additional spaces are to remain clear for fellow guests and emergency vehicles.
- ALCOHOL GUIDELINES: All New Jersey alcohol consumption and distribution laws will be strictly enforced by New Jersey State Police and MetLife Stadium Staff.
- CHARTER BUSES: Charter bus parking is located in Lot L.
- COOKING / USE OF GRILLS: We ask that all guests safely set-up, operate and extinguish all cooking and grilling materials. Please extinguish and dispose of all cooking and grilling materials. Hot coals are to be disposed of in hot coal containers which are located at the perimeter of parking lots. The use of grills is NOT PERMITED on any level of the IZOD Center parking deck.
- RV's / LARGE VEHICLES: Will not be permitted to park in the IZOD Center parking decks.
- TICKET RESALE: Ticket reselling is not authorized on MetLife Sports Complex property. Be aware that tickets purchased from sources other than MetLife Stadium, Giants, Jets or an authorized ticket outlet may be counterfeit and may not be accepted. This includes the reselling of parking permits on the roadways leading into MetLife Sports Complex
- VENDING / SOLICITATION: Unauthorized soliciting or the collection of contributions, vending, distribution of flyers, or other materials is not permitted.
- WASTE: Please dispose of all waste materials in the proper trash, recycling, and hot coal containers. Violating parking lot guidelines may result in ejection from MetLife Sports Complex property, arrest and the revocation of tickets and parking passes. Please call 201-559-1515 or text 78247 and type "MLS" with any questions.
For all other visitor information please visit the A-Z section.